You’re going to love these titillating legs. Think spices of hot wings, fried chicken and barbecue chicken all in one! I’ve made them skinny by removing all the skin before coating and frying in a small amount of olive oil. These chicken legs are prepared in three steps. First, coating the chicken in a well seasoned flour mixture and refrigerating them. Next, lightly frying the legs and finally smothering with BBQ sauce and baking them. Sounds like a lot of work, but really isn’t. The skinny for 1 of these yummy legs is 145 calories and 4 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers PLUS POINTS. With the skin left on and deep fried in more oil, each leg has 353 calories and 15 grams of fat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook and Bake Time: 50 minutes
Refrigerator Time: 20 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste, for desired amount of spice
12 chicken legs, skin removed, see shopping
Cooking spray, we like olive oil spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup barbecue sauce, my favorite, Sweet Baby Rays, see shopping tip
2-3 tablespoon hot sauce, to taste
1. Add flour and all dry seasonings to a plastic bag. Place chicken legs in the bag and seal. Shake well to coat. Refrigerate in the plastic bag for at least 20 minutes. Can be stored in the fridge for several hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat olive oil in pan. Add all chicken legs to pan and fry on each side for about 3 minutes, until browned.
3. Line a baking pan or cookie sheet with foil. Place browned legs on pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot sauce, to taste. Add browned legs and coat well.
5. Place legs on the foil lined pan and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 legs (you might want to serve 1-2 legs per serving, depending on what else you’re serving with them)
Skinless chicken is packed with protein. It’s loaded with vitamins and nutrients, such as niacin, B6, B12, vitamin D, iron and zinc.
Most supermarket’s carry Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or use your favorite.
These chicken legs taste wonderful served with my recipe for Fabulous Fall Skinny Coleslaw! Or serve with The Most Decadent Cornbread Casserole Ever Made Skinny and a vegetable such as Broccolini with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Weight Watchers (old points) 3
Weight Watchers POINT PLUS 3
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 chicken leg
145 calories, 4g fat, 14g protein, 11g carbs, 1g fiber, 300mg sodium, 1g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 chicken leg deep fried with skin left on
353 calories, 15g fat, 15g protein, 15g carbs, 1g fiber, 1218mg sodium, 1g sugar