This chicken dish is light and delicious! It’s really simple and makes a lovely presentation. Each serving has 184 calories, 5 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. Such a versatile dish, you can served it over steamed zucchini noodles as shown in the photo, steamed broccoli slaw or whole grain pasta. Check out the serving tips below.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
4 thin chicken breasts (4 ounces each), see prep tip
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
½ cup scallions, chopped
A little salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired
1. Add thin chicken breasts to a plate and squeeze with a little lemon juice over them. Season lightly with salt, garlic powder and pepper.
2. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
3. Add chicken breasts and cook them approximately 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a clean serving plate.
4. Add ¼ cup wine or ¼ cup chicken broth and cook over medium heat until half the amount has evaporated, about 1½-2 minutes. Stir in ½ cup chicken broth and lemon juice. Return the chicken to pan and cook on each side for 1 minute. Remove chicken to serving plate. Leave the sauce in the pan.
5. To the pan of sauce, stir in tomatoes and scallions. Season with a little more salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired. Continue to cook about 1-2 minutes, until thoroughly heated.
6. Pour tomatoes and sauce over chicken and serve.
Makes 4 servings (each serving, 1 chicken breast with sauce and tomatoes)
Many recipes call for using thin chicken breasts. Most supermarkets sell packages of these. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s. Or make your own. To do this, pound chicken to ¼” thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
Serve this chicken over steamed zucchini noodles or steamed broccoli slaw. You can steamed either of them in the microwave for about 2 minutes. It would also be fantastic served over my recipe for Super Healthy, Garlic Sauteed Spinach Or, serve over whole grain pasta.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 chicken breast, tomatoes and sauce
184 cal, 5g fat, 2g sat. fat, 55mg chol, 27g prot, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, 337mg sod, 1g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
163 cal, 2g sat. fat, 0g sugar, 26g protein