I’m bringing back an oldie but goodie. It’s a comfort food classic with a twist, super skinny with an Italian flair! And it comes together very simply since using a jared light Alfredo sauce and whole grain noodles. So delicious and very satisfying. Each serving has 184 calories, 5 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
¾ cup onions, diced
¾ cup celery, diced
4 ounces (1⅓ cup) dry whole grain or whole wheat macaroni pasta or any pasta you like
2 (5 oz) cans white solid tuna (packed in water), drained well
1 (15 oz) jar Classico or Bertolli reduced-fat Alfredo Sauce, see shopping tip
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Cook pasta, al dente (not overcooked). In the meantime, place onions and celery on a microwave safe plate or bowl. Cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes, to soften.
3. In a medium bowl, add drained tuna, Alfredo sauce, softened onions/celery and mix well. Stir in cooked and drained pasta. Mix in 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Blend well.
4. Pour mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese evenly over the top. Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered, until golden brown.
5. Let cool for at least 10 minutes, to set. Cut into 6 servings.
Makes 6 servings. Each slice (~1 cup)
You can find reduced-fat Alfredo sauce in most supermarkets in the pasta sauce aisle. Classico and Bertolli both make one. I used Classico to calculate the skinny facts.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (~1 cup)
184 calories, 5g fat, 3g sat. fat, 43mg chol, 14g prot, 21g carbs, 3g fiber, 522mg sod, 2g sugar