These potato pancakes are fabulous whether you celebrate Hanukkah or not! Terrific to serve with beef, chicken, fish or turkey. That said, a wonderful Hanukkah tradition is to serve potato pancakes. Of course I love the traditional ones but sometimes it’s fun to serve something a little different. These festive ones include potatoes plus healthful shredded carrots, zucchini and sweet potatoes. They are simply divine. Each skinny potato pancake has 93 calories, 3 grams of fat and 2 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. To make these pancakes simple to prepare, be sure to use the shredding blade attachment on your food processor. You can shred everything by hand but it will take some work!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes (includes cooking the latkes in batches)
1 pound baking potato, peeled and shredded
1 small sweet potato, peeled and shredded
1 zucchini, shredded
1 carrot, peeled and shredded
1 small onion, shredded
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 large eggs, lightly beaten, I like Eggland’s Best eggs
2 tablespoons canola oil or any vegetable oil, divided
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the canola oil.
3. Coat a large non-stick pan with cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat.
4. Divide potato mixture into 12 equal pancakes. Be sure to squeeze out any remaining liquid.
5. Add 6 pancakes to the hot pan, flatten with a spatula and cook approx 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Line a large plate with paper towels. Place the cooked pancakes on the towels to drain some of the oil. Add them to a baking pan and place in the oven to keep warm while the others are cooking.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to the pan and repeat cooking procedure with the remaining pancakes.
Makes 12 potato pancakes
You can prepare these potato pancakes earlier in the day and refrigerate. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and heat in the oven until hot and crisp.
Weight Watchers (old points) 2
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 2
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 potato pancake
93 cal, 3g fat, 3g protein, 14g carbs, 1g fiber, 261mg sodium, 2g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 potato pancake using full fat ingredients
153 cal, 10.2g fat, 3g protein, 14g carbs, 1g fiber, 407mg sodium, 2g sugar