I love this dish at Panda Express. It’s one of their Wok Smart items which means it’s a healthier choice; lower in calories and fat. I actually think my version is even tastier. Each serving has 174 calories, 6 grams of fat and only 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Refrigerate: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
½ pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, diced (2 cups raw chicken)
3 tablespoons lite soy sauce (use Tamari sauce for gluten-free)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil (can use vegetable or olive oil, if desired)
1½ teaspoons sugar
Dash of red pepper flakes, if desired.
3½ teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
1 cup onions, chopped
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
4 cups (~13 oz) fresh green beans, trimmed, cut in 3 inch pieces
⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons water
Black pepper, to taste
1. Place diced chicken in a medium bowl. In small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
2. In a large, nonstick pan, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil over high heat until quite hot. Add chicken; cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes until chicken begins to brown and is cooked through. Remove chicken with slotted spoon to plate. Try to leave most of sauce in pan.
3. To the same pan, heat 1½ teaspoons oil. Add onions and garlic. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Quickly stir in green beans. Add ⅓ cup water, cover, and cook 6-8 minutes or until green beans are tender.
4. Return chicken to pan. Add 2 tablespoons water and black pepper. Stir-fry until well mixed and heated through, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve immediately alone or with rice or noodles, if desired.
Makes 4 servings, 5 cups total. Each serving,1¼ cups.
One 5.6 oz serving of Panda Express String Bean Chicken has 190 calories, 9g fat, 2g sat. fat, 14g protein.
Green beans are a very good source of vitamins, minerals, and plant derived micronutrients. They’re a very rich source of dietary fiber and contain excellent levels of vitamin A.
Garlic promotes circulation and lowers cholesterol. It also contains sulfur compounds that may help to prevent cancer growth.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (1¼ cups)
174 calories, 6g fat, 1g sat. fat, 28mg chol, 17g prot, 15g carbs, 5g fiber, 478mg sodium, 2g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
118 calories, 1g sat. fat, 2g sugar, 14g protein