It’s one of my very favorite chicken pot pie recipes! It’s not a typical pot pie recipe. It’s luxuriously rich in Italian flavors since using light Alfredo sauce for the base of the chicken stew. Although a bit higher in fat and POINTS than my other pot pie recipe, it’s still much lower in fat than a regular one. Each skinny serving has 355 calories, 12 grams of fat and 9 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints. So worthy to make from time to time. The entire family will love it and it’s fabulous enough for company!
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 14 minutes
3 cups mushrooms
1½ cups onions, chopped
1½ cups potato, peeled and cubed (½ inch cubes)
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
3 cups (12 oz) cooked chicken (boneless, skinless), cut into bite-size pieces, see shopping tips
2 (10 oz) containers Buitoni Light Alfredo Sauce, see shopping tips
1 cup frozen peas (not defrosted)
½ teaspoon dried basil
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 (12 oz) can Pillsbury Golden Layer Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13″ x 9″ baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, add mushrooms, onions, potatoes, zucchini and red pepper. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
3. Coat a large, nonstick large pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and all cooked vegetables. Do not drain liquid from veggies. Sauté for 3 minutes. Stir often. Using a rubber spatula (so you don’t mash the potatoes) stir in cooked chicken, Alfredo sauce, frozen peas (breaking them up), basil and pepper. Bring back to a boil, turn heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir often.
4. Pour chicken stew into baking pan.
5. Open package of biscuits, separate them and place on top of chicken stew. Line them evenly over top. Note: if you prefer your biscuits more toasted, you can easily bake them separately on a baking sheet. Follow the directions on the package. Once baked and chicken stew is baked, top each serving with 1 biscuit.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
7. To serve: Spoon ¾ cup chicken stew and top with 1 biscuit. There will be 2 extra biscuits.
Serves 8 (each serving, ¾ cup chicken stew and 1 biscuit)
You’ll find Buitoni Light Alfredo sauce in the refrigerated section where other pasta sauces are sold.
I used 1 (12 oz) package of Trader Joe’s grilled chicken strips, cut into bite-size pieces. So delicious!
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints 9
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 11
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 9
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (each serving, ¾ cup chicken stew and 1 biscuit)
355 calories, 12g fat, 7g sat. fat, 54mg chol, 21g protein, 34g carbs, 4g fiber, 843mg sodium, 7g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
232 calories, 7g sat. fat, 8g protein, 5g sugar