This might just be the best tasting reduced-fat chicken pot pie you’ve ever tasted! Although a bit higher in fat and POINTS than my other pot pie recipe, it’s still so much lower in fat than a regular one. It’s really rich in Italian flavors because I’m using a light Alfredo sauce for the base of the chicken stew. I’ve added lots of vegetables, too. The skinny for 1 serving, 355 calories, 13 grams of fat and 9 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. So worthy to make from time to time. The entire family will love it and it’s fabulous enough for company!
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 14 minutes
3 cups mushrooms
1½ cups onions, chopped
1½ cups potato, peeled and cubed (½ inch cubes)
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
3 cups (12 oz) cooked chicken (boneless, skinless), cut into bite-size pieces, see shopping tip
2 (10 oz) containers Buitoni Light Alfredo Sauce, see shopping tip
1 cup frozen peas (not defrosted)
½ teaspoon dried basil
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 (12 oz) can Pillsbury Golden Layer Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13″ x 9″ pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, add the mushrooms, onions, potatoes, zucchini, red pepper. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
3. Coat a large nonstick large pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and all cooked vegetables, do not drain liquid from veggies. Sauté for 3 minutes. Stir often. Using a rubber spatula (so you don’t mash the potatoes) stir in cooked chicken, Alfredo sauce, frozen peas (breaking them up), basil and pepper. Bring back to a boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir often.
4. Pour chicken stew into baking pan.
5. Open the package of biscuits, separate them and place on top of the chicken stew. Line them evenly over the top.
6. Bake for 15-17 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
7. To serve, spoon ¾ cup chicken stew and top with 1 biscuit. There will be 2 extra biscuits.
Serves 8 (each serving, ¾ cup recipe and 1 biscuit)
You’ll find Buitoni Light Alfredo sauce in the refrigerated section where other pasta sauces are sold.
I used 1 (12 oz) package of Trader Joe’s grilled chicken strips, cut into bite-size pieces. So delicious!
Weight Watchers (old points) 8
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 9
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (each serving, ¾ cup recipe and 1 biscuit)
355 calories, 13g fat, 25g protein, 34g carbs, 3g fiber, 843mg sodium, 7g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 serving
525 calories, 27g fat, 31g protein, 41g carbs, 5g fiber, 1,324mg sodium, 7g sugar