This dish is fabulously healthy and has the most delicious sauce! And, it’s packed with chicken and veggies. You’ll love the 2 cup serving size. Each, fiber rich serving, has only 267 calories, 8 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. This recipe is a real keeper!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Stir-Fry:
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) cut into bite size pieces
2 cups onions, chopped
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups zucchini, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons water
1 (10-12 ounce) bag shredded cabbage, about 5 cups
Ingredients for Sauce:
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (use Tamari sauce for gluten-free)
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce (use a gluten-free brand, if gluten-free)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame, canola or olive oil
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 dash red pepper flakes
1. First prep all vegetables and dice the chicken. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix until well blended. Be sure the brown sugar gets dissolved. Set aside.
3. Coat a large nonstick wok or pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook stirring often, until cooked through and white inside. Remove to a plate.
4. In the same pan, coat with more cooking spray and heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onions, broccoli, zucchini, red bell peppers and water. Sauté over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is soft. Add cabbage and sauté another 2 minutes until cabbage is soft. Turn down to medium heat, add cooked chicken and sauce. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes until all heated through. Stir constantly to blend everything.
5. Store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
Makes 4 servings. (each serving, ~2 cups)
Broccoli is a star member of the cruciferous family which is believed to help protect against cancer. It’s a super source of vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6 and fiber.
Cabbage is a nutrient dense, low calorie, food that provides an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, B6, biotin, calcium, and a respectable amount of fiber. In addition, studies have shown that cabbage has anticancer benefits.
Broccoli florets are sold in bags in the produce department.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 2 cup serving
267 calories, 8g fat, 2g sat. fat, 55mg chol, 28g prot, 23g carbs, 5g fiber, 709mg sod, 6g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
202 calories, 2g sat. fat, 5g sugar, 24g protein