This fiber rich salad works wonders with leftover turkey or chicken. It’s so hearty and satisfying, you’ll love it for dinner. With such great flavors, turkey, roasted sweet potatoes, apples, dried cranberries and my Skinny Cranberry Ranch dressing, it’s sure to become a favorite this time of year. The skinny for 1 serving of this main course salad is 410 calories, 8 grams of fat and 9 grams of fiber, including the dressing and 11 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 35-45 minutes
1 recipe for Skinny Cranberry Ranch Dressing (recipe follows) or a store bought light raspberry vinaigrette, see shopping tip
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 bags spring mix or field greens
3 cups cooked turkey (remove skin), chopped
2 cups (~2 apples) Granny smith or any green apple, cored and cut into chunks
1 cup red onion, chopped
2 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
⅓ cup dried cranberries
1. Prepare Skinny Cranberry Ranch Dressing and refrigerate. Recipe below.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, toss cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender, when pierced with a fork.
5. Place greens among 4 plates. Divide and top each salad with turkey, sweet potatoes, apples, onions, celery, pecans and dried cranberries.
6. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of Skinny Cranberry Ranch Dressing over each. Add more dressing, if desired.
There are several light raspberry dressing on the market. I like Ken’s Steak House Light Raspberry Vinaigrette or Traders Joe’s Raspberry Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Skinny Cranberry Ranch Dressing Recipe
Cranberry sauce is pretty sweet alone, but added it to ranch dressing with raspberry vinegar and Dijon mustard, it transforms into a divine, not-too-sweet, fruity ranch.
⅓ cup Nancy’s Skinny Ranch Dressing (get recipe here) or a store bought light ranch dressing
¼ cup prepared whole berry cranberry sauce (canned)
2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or cider vinegar
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of ingredients.
2. Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge.
3. Skinny Cranberry Ranch will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Makes ⅔ cup
Weight Watchers (old points) 1
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 2
Skinny Facts: for 2 tablespoons
47 calories, 2g fat, 5g protein, 7g carbs, 1g fiber, 117mg sodium, 0g sugar
Weight Watchers (old points) for 1 salad without dressing 7
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS for 1 salad without dressing 9
Weight Watchers (old points) for 1 salad including dressing 8
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS for 1 salad including dressing 11
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 main course salad including skinny cranberry ranch dressing
410 calories, 8g fat, 36g protein, 59g carbs, 9g fiber, 205mg sodium, 20g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 salad including high fat dressing
1155 calories, 69g fat, 43g protein, 88g carbs, 10g fiber, 1338mg sodium, 41g sugar