If you’re craving pizza you’ll love this one, especially if you like bbq chicken pizza! I love to make stuffed pizza since lunch or dinner can be on the table in minutes! And sandwich thins make a super easy, stuffed crust. Fill them with all the delicious barbecue chicken flavors…Pure yumminess! I’m sure your entire family will request this often. Each pizza melt has only 223 calories, 4 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
2 tablespoons red or yellow onions, diced
¼ cup cooked chicken, diced
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1 Oroweat Sandwich Thin or your favorite, see shopping tip
1 teaspoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
1 teaspoon barbecue sauce
1 large slice of tomato, cut in half
¼ cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat Panini maker or George Foreman grill.
2. Add onions to a small plate or bowl. Cook in microwave for 1 minute to soften.
3. In another small bowl, mix together chicken and 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
4. Spread the outside of sandwich thin, both top and bottom, with ½ teaspoon of butter on each. Split open and spread the inside of the bottom slice with 1 teaspoon barbecue sauce. On top of sauce, spread chicken. Top with onions, tomato and cheese. Place remaining top piece of sandwich thin, butter side out.
5. Place in Panini maker or George Foreman grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until melted and golden brown. Remove with a spatula as the cheese oozes out a bit while cooking. I love it that way!
6. Eat with your hands or serve with a fork and knife.
Makes 1 serving. You can easily make as many as desired.
Oroweat Sandwich Thins can be found in most large supermarkets. There are many other brands that taste great too. One sandwich thin has 100 calories, 1g fat, and 5g fiber. They come in several flavors with the same nutrition facts. Use your favorite.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 pizza melt
223 calories, 4g fat, 0g sat. fat, 0mg chol, 16g prot, 35g carbs, 7g fiber, 475mg sod, 10g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 slice Papa Johns Barbecue chicken pizza
340 calories, 11g fat, 33g chol, 15g prot, 44g carbs, 2g fiber, 960mg sod, 7g sugar